Burton Sailing Club
Tel: 0845 296 8720
Burton Sailing Club is situated between Derby, Burton on Trent, Nottingham and Leicester, with the A38 to the West, A50 to the North, M1 to the East, M42 to the South. Below are recommended routes approaching from different directions.
Directions from A38
- Exit A38 where A50 intersects, near Toyota factory, and follow the B5008 for Willington.
- At mini roundabouts in Willington bear right then left under railway bridge following B5008 for Repton.
- In Repton turn left at the island onto Milton Road.
- Follow this road through the village of Milton.
- Follow this road through the village of Milton
- About 1 mile out of Milton on the right, is the entrance to BSC.
Directions from A50 travelling East
- Turn off at Junction 4 where the A38 intersects, near the Toyota factory, exit for Willington.
- See directions above, once going straight over the mini roundabouts in Willington (under the railway bridge).
Directions from A50 travelling West
- Turn off at Junction 3 where the A514 intersects, and turn left travelling South towards Stanton by Bridge.
- After crossing a causeway and passed through Stanton by Bridge fork right towards Ticknall.
- Pass through the village of Ticknall and then turn right at a sharp left bend down Repton Rd. (sign to Foremark Reservoir).
- Travel for about 1 mile going past Foremark Reservoir visitor entrance and turn left about 800 metres further on at the entrance marked "Sailing Club".
Directions from A42
- Exit A42 at Junction 13 the Ashby de la Zouch (A511) exit.
- Follow A511 towards Burton on Trent leaving Tesco and McVities on your left.
- At next roundabout turn right onto B5006 towards Ticknall.
- Follow this road to Ticknall, where you turn left at a T junction.
- In 150 yards go right (signposted Foremark Reservoir).
- BSC entrance is the second reservoir entrance on left , in about 1 mile.