Privacy Statement - 10th May 2012
Burton Sailing Club may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What is collected
Burton Sailing Club collects data when club users register with the site and when users submit forms displayed on the web site from time to time such as course submission. The information may include:
- Name and contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys.
What is done with the information collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you regarding club related activities by email, phone or mail.
Burton Sailing Club takes reasonable measures to ensure that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Essential purposes to allow the web site to function.
- To improve the user experience such as remembering user preferences etc
- To track the number of visits specific pages receive in order to feed back into the web site design
You can usually configure your browser to automatically accept, prompt for acceptance or decline cookies. If you choose to decline we cannot guarantee the web site will work as intended.
Links to other web sites
The Burton Sailing Club website may contain links to other web sites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other web site. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.